Each financial year from April 2011, the school has been given additional government funding called Pupil Premium. This extra money is allocated according to the number of children claiming free school meals (FSM). Since 2013 school has also received Pupil Premium Plus funding which is based on the number of children who are currently or previously Children Looked After. The funding is to be used to support the raising of attainment for pupils deemed to be at risk of falling below national average achievements.
Pupil Premium is allocated for children from low-income families who are currently known to be eligible for Free School Meals and children who have been looked after continuously for more than six months.
At St Brigid’s, Pupil Premium Funding is used to support a wide range of interventions which supports the learning of all our and especially those most vulnerable pupils.
- We ensure that pupil premium funding is targeted to support those children entitled to Pupil Premium.
- We use strategies that will effectively narrow the gap between Non FSM children and FSM children.
- We use strategies and approaches which will raise attainment of FSM children.
- We will have high expectations of all of our pupils regardless of pupil premium entitlement.
- We recognise that in supporting FSM children strategies and approaches will benefit all children.
- We ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups, this includes ensuring that the needs of socially disadvantaged pupils are adequately assessed and addressed
- In making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils, we recognise that not all pupils who receive free school meals will be socially disadvantaged
- We also recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for free school meals.
- We ensure that Pupil Premium children are recognised by all within the school in a positive environment.
- We are committed to tracking the progress of all vulnerable groups and recognise the importance of this with children entitles to Pupil Premium
- We are committed to keeping abreast of all new approaches and developments
- We will ensure best value for money